Rainy Day = Long Naps

Berlin Travel Blog

I admit today was fairly uneventful- probably the most boring so far this trip. That's ok though, it's how I decided for it to be.

The day started off with a visit to the Perganomuseum in downtown Berlin. Though it was another museum and we were all tired of museum lectures, this one was pretty extraordinary in their collections. I do not have a big interest in ancient art, but the biggest pieces here were pieces of a temples from Rome and the gates of Babylon. They were massive and very impressive- incredible to see right there before me!

We were done very early with this visit- right before lunch- and had the rest of the day completely free. The only problem was, the weather was miserable! Cold and rainy. Ordinarily I would just get over the weather and enjoy the city! But I had honestly seen everything that I wanted to see in Berlin by this point. So I walked around the main boulevard to kill some time. I got a few postcards and whatnot- even though I am not a fan of souvenir stores!

I continued to walk around the area because I wanted to enjoy Berlin as much as possible, the weather truly was miserable and there wasn't anything left to do. So I decided to go back to the hotel! I wanted a nap and I still internet I had bought for 24 hour period left to use, so I caught the S-Bahn and got back to my hotel in the early afternoon. I took a very long and wonderful nap, used the internet, and met up with some people to go to dinner. We walked into the town we were staying in and found a Kebab place where the food was great and very cheap.

After dinner, I hung out with some people in their room and eventually called it a night. Though uneventful, it was a much needed relaxing day on this marathon trip!
photo by: CFD