Finally to Germany!

Berlin Travel Blog

we left Prague this morning to go to Germany. My sixth country ever! The bus trip was normal, but not too long. I slept most of the way on the bus- the kind of sleep where your body just feels weak when you wake up.

We eventually crossed the border and were stopped for some time while the Czech policed checked our passports. (HA!) The Germans checked them too. And we got stamps in our passports! It really was excited, not going to lie.

Later in the afternoon, we got to our hotel just outside of Berlin! It is a Courtyard by Marriott! An American hotel! Wow, it is sad that I am excited.

With some time before the welcome dinner, I went for a run with some other guys. It was nice and also fun to see the surrounding area, which is definitely a small town. We are a U-Bahn ride from the city. But that's ok- it is really pleasant here and our hotel is on a river! So there are lounge chairs and everything on grassy lawn in front of the yachts on the river. I used the chairs after the run to read the newspaper before dinner.

We had welcome dinner in the hotel, and it was a buffet! And the buffet was good food. After dinner, we've basically been hanging around the hotel since we have class tomorrow. Even though today was pretty uneventful, I'm really excited to see Berlin tomorrow!

photo by: CFD