Classes in Atlanta...

Atlanta Travel Blog

Hey everyone!
So I started class here in Atlanta at Georgia Tech on Monday. We have a week and a half of preparatory classes before we depart for the traveling portion of the trip. They make it kind of an intense time of classes so we all have a strong background going over to Europe and also so the classes are a little bit lighter while we're traveling. It isn't too bad though and I'm actually enjoying most of it- we're studying European music and art history since the Renaissance. I'm definitely more of a humanities kind of guy than the typical Tech student, so it's pretty interesting. I love learning about the music since I've been involved with it in some aspect my whole life and I've always wanted to learn this stuff.

Other than classes, I'm staying at my fraternity house and getting a chance to hang out with some of my friends before I leave. I've been staying busy though with finishing up random tasks for things like Dance Marathon or FAB so I don't have a lot to do while I'm abroad! There's also a lot to do with packing, getting all my travel documents, organizing everything to travel for 5 weeks, etc... I'm excited but definitely nervous as I've never been out of the US! It is kind of weird though being in limbo as I don't really have a residence as I'm staying in an empty room and living out of a suitcase!

I'm definitely looking forward to our depature (Wednesday 5/23) but as you can see there is a lot to do before then between school and everything else. Look for more to come soon!
nancy_g_123 says:
You are really going to enjoy your study abroad program. Bring peanut butter with you. ( it's hard to come by in europe. If you don't like the food in a certain place, then a peanut butter sandwich will come in handy) Just a tip... :)
Posted on: May 17, 2007
superduperfantastic says:
What's your itinerary for the half of your summer spent traveling?
Posted on: May 16, 2007