I Don't Look Like My Passport Picture

Saint Louis Travel Blog

Bright (well, not so much, it was before the sun came up) and early in St. Louis

At 6 AM, we were already sitting at the (East) terminal.  We left home about a quarter til 3.  I drove, since we came in my car.  We got through the check-in process without any problems.  Emily's bag, thankfully, was under the 50 pound weight limit, coming in at 40.4 pounds -- I think we were both holding our breath for that.  We waited with Mom and Dad a little bit, and then at 20 til 6, we went through security.  This is where we -- I -- ran into problems.  I didn't think the security agent was going to let me through.  I guess I don't really look like my passport picture anymore.  My passport is nearly ten years old (I still have a few months before it expires).  I have lost 150 pounds, grew my bangs out, and started wearing glasses.

waiting in Lambert
  He looked back and forth between me and my passport, so I offered to take my glasses off.  He agreed, but still hesitated.  Just before I was about to offer my driver's license, he allowed me through.  Phew.  Emily was a little impatient, having already passed through and I could see Mom and Dad standing there with puzzled looks.  Once we were at the gate, I gave Mom and Dad time to leave the airport and called them to explain what had happened.

Our flight left at 7.  I let Emily have the window seat because I'm nice like that.  It was only her second airplane trip, and she's uneasy about flying.  If she wants the window seat, she can have the window seat.  The flight was only a few hours long, not bad at all.

Bright (well, not so much, it was …
Bright (well, not so much, it was…
Lambert, early AM
Lambert, early AM
on the plane, ready to go!
on the plane, ready to go!