Heart Set on Mexico

Salem Travel Blog

This trip came about because Emily was booked on a cruise to Cozumel and Grand Cayman with her husband and his entire family.  In the meantime, they separated, and she moved out.  And, I definitely did NOT want her going on that trip with them.  She was trying to get it to where I could replace him on the trip, our cabin would be moved completely away from their's and we would have opposite dining times.  He refused to not not go on the trip, so I told her to cancel her portion, no matter how much money she lost.  It didn't matter.  Her safety was first.

She was disappointed that she wouldn't be going on a cruise.  I told her we would go anywhere in the world she wanted to go.  Another cruise, a resort, Disney World, I didn't care, it was completely up to her.  After (jokingly, thankfully) she suggested Canada (I was thinking more beach than what Canada has to offer), she admitted she had her heart set on Mexico, so we went to the travel agent and booked this trip to Riviera Maya, the very day the story broke about the swine flu epidemic.  We got a great deal!

As much stress as she was going through, I was going through my own.  I had applied for the state legislative internship to be a legislative analyst for the state House of Representatives.  I had the job -- IF there was enough money in the state budget, which was a BIG question.  The budget is due May 31: the day we leave for Mexico.

missandrea81 says:
Congrats on your featured blog today!
sylviandavid says:
Congratulations on being featured! Hooray!
halilee says:
Congrats on your featured blog! :)
Salem