Our first meeting at the Yardhouse...

Scottsdale Travel Blog

Before I joined Travbuddy, I always wondered if there was a social networking site unlike Myspace and Facebood where people who shared the common interest of traveling could exchange information and travel together. Don't get me wrong its nerve racking and exiting to travel by yourself, however there is something different and enlightening about meeting others and experiencing similar passions together .

One night I decided to find out. I googled travel partners and travel meets and found sites like meetup.com and couchsurfing.org. These are great sites, but were not exactly what I was looking for. I finally came upon Travbuddy.com. I browsed its different features and immediately thought, what a great site!

I signed up and was immediately greeted with warm welcomes from many of the members.

As I was learning to navigate, I realized that there was a meet up in Phoenix. I thought this would be a great opportunity to attend my first meet up. I signed up and begin to communicate with many of the members that were going to attend. I was great to be in contact and meet a few people before the meet up. It definitely put me at ease. The rest is history.

Our first meet up was at the Yard house Restaurant in Scottsdale. I had to work that day so I didn't arrive till around 6:30pm. The first familiar face I saw was Harriet. She warmly greeted me and introduced me to some of the other members. I sat at the table next to Jelly.

Jelly is a vivacious and energetic person. She has a great sense of humor. I later realized that I had previously been invited to hang out with Jelly in Orange County the week before when I was visiting a friend in LA. Funny thing is, she didn't recognize me till she got home from the trip! lol... no hard feelings Jelly.. apparently I look different in person from my pics.

Next I met Mark who I later found out lives in the same part of LA where I grew up. 818!!. We had some great conversation. Next I met Joanna who just drove in from CA and lives in Las Vegas. She was very shy at first, but became a wild child after she had a few drinks in her! lol. Many other Travbuddy's started to trickle and the drinking ensued.

Next we decided to go to Devil's Martini a club in Scottsdale. I drove because my car was parked in the valet.

Jelly, Mark, Joanna, and I left together. We arrived at the club only to realize that the rest of the group went to the Devi's Martini in North Scottsdale, about 20 minutes away from the one we were at. We decided to hang out for a while and get some drinks. We drank, took pictures and danced for a while. We had a great time. We finally decided to meet the rest of the group at the other location. Since I was drunk, Jelly was nice enough to drive my car. Thanks Jelly!!

We arrived at the Devil's Martini in North Scottsdale. Everyone was have a great time dancing and drinking the night away. However, by the time we arrived people started to leave. I danced with Harriet briefly, and we decided to go back to the hotel. I was a great night! Everyone I met had a great attitude, postive energy, and greeted me with open arms!

Jelly says:
Like I said... I let you win. Next time I'm not going to be so nice.
daniel_jetsetter says:
I'm extremely happy I found this site too.... otherwise, who is going to beat Jelly in a staring contest :)
yadilitta says:
hahaha, this was a great 1st Meet Up! So, good you "discovered" this site. I started here 2 years ago and just LOVE IT!
Posted on: Nov 05, 2009
818!! He knows what Im talking ab…
818!! He knows what I'm talking a…
304 km (189 miles) traveled