Arriving and leaving Delhi

New Delhi Travel Blog

arriving in Delhi was the most memorable thing of my whole trip. I was getting picked up by a driver organised by my hotel. and I was not the only one, so many people with different name signs were waiting for the tourist to exit the terminal. confusion was on the most peoples faces, i finally found my driver. Finally in the car with no seat belt all you could do was enjoy the bumby and crazy drive. I was literally flying all over the backseat and it was really fun. I had booked a budget hotel at main bazaar wich is a really busy street during the day. the hotel was alright. next time i would not chose to stay in that area, and if it is your first time in india it can be a chock. The next i found out how busy and big the city is, trying o find your way around connaught place is somewhat difficult, the rickshaw somehow ended up taking me to a tourist place. I decided to book a trip around rajhastan with of course stop at varanasi and agra. and my last days spent in kochin.

My last day in delhi before flying back to sweden after three weeks of travelling was much better, cause I was prepared of the crazines of it all. I spend it with some new fiends having lunch in their house. I also visit the mahatma gandhi museum and the national museum. gandhi museum was awesome, it was a beautiful place and alot of information about his life I do recommend it, and it was free!!. the nationa museum has alot of art and scultures but for tourists its really expensive 600 ruppes if you wanna take your camera with you. everything in india is more expensive if you are a foreigner, get used to it. In the evening the air is getting really thing and its hard to breathe, i think some f it is because of the fact that they are burning the garbage at night time. I had some dinner before leaving for the airport. eating with your hands and sitting on the floor is a really relaxing and fun thing to do..

To sum it up so delhi maybe not be the nicest town in india but you should experience it, cause it is crazy!

New Delhi