Mykonos - been there, done that!

Mykonos Travel Blog

Mykonos Town

Many people ask me…why do you keep going back to Mykonos every year…don’t you want to explore other places?

Well my answer to that is yes and I will….eventually, but for now my yearly trips to Mykonos curb my appetite for adventure and relaxation, therefore I am more than content to keep up regular appearances in the place I like to call my home away from home!

I can’t describe what entices me back to the beautiful Island of Mykonos every year but I guess it’s the same thing that temps you on your travels!

Having travelled to Mykonos twice in 2006, 2008, 2009 and of course another journey planned this year; I guess you would assume I have the Island down pat - I know the ins and outs, where to go, where to be seen, the best restaurants and know all the locals.

Mykonos Town

Well yes and no, every time I travel to the Island it’s always with a different group of friends and not necessary the same time every year (although I do keep to the warmer months, that being May-September) I also find when I travel to Mykonos I have a different need to fulfil, I could be absolutely exhausted from a full on work year OR want to party it up non-stop…my aim now is to try and get a happy medium of both!!!

What I love the most about the island is it can satisfy every tourist, from any age group! I love reading blogs from the ‘older’ aged (but young at heart) tourists who point out the island is not just for party goers or the young and hip.

I am amazed over the years how much the island has grown in popularity yet it keeps its perfect vistas of whitewashed walls, maintained beaches and tidy streets. I have even noticed a few new roads being built to assist the not so savvy vesper drivers like myself!

Mykonos