The Unexpected Goodbye

Camden Town Travel Blog

I awoke to the eerie silence of an empty house....until I noticed that Simone was in the middle of a full blown conversation with me whilst eating her breakfast next to my bed that just so happened to be in the sitting room. I wondered how many of the others did this in the morning before leaving for work today....

Today was the big night out. The lovely Mel was over from the states so she organised for a few to meet up in the infamous London hang out of Bar 55 in Camden. Never a good night wasted.

Most of the usuals were there including Mark, Mike, Me and Matt....and Matthew and M-Jeff. naturally enough the lovely Mel was there with her infectious smile. The gigantic Jerome made his presence felt as he turned out to be a very well laid back lad with big dreams to travel in the future and hopefully I may get to join him on one or seven of them! Not to mention Mel who has organised tonights get together, she is an absolutely lovely person who is so so bubbly.

To round off the group we had the ever lovely Liat & Cheryl show up to add to the mix. Myself and Liat got on instantly and the suggestion of future travels together quickly surfaced. Oh and let's not forget the addition of El Bondicus (Bondy), Melissa and Pete a little later in the night.

When happy hour ended, it was off to find a new bar in the form of the Live Room. With all the distractions of the night and the tube, most of us fell into another bar called the York Way bar for a little light refreshments. When everyone shuffled on home, myself, Jeff and Matt finally made our way over to Matthew & Liat in the Live Room just after they were left by Mel & Mark. This is where things really began to turn messy.

Now Im not one to point blame at the person who suggested buying shots (me) or the person who bought them (Mat-UK) but I definitley blame Jeff!!! Darn sneaky Russian!! He should have known better and told us to stop.

Then again. That would have made us double up the rounds.... fair play Jeff, well played...

As a side note I must mention that the distraction mentioned in the tube relates to a great trajedy when poor innocent Bert left us for that big shining chandelier in the sky.....

In the words of Will Ferrell in Old School:

"You're my boy Bert!!!! You're my boy!!"

derekbilldaly says:
Hehehe the sneaky Russian strikes again eh Rubz!!
Haha actually even Gemma is calling the guy the sneaky Russian now!
Posted on: Mar 16, 2011