Something New, Something Old & Something Ewww

Taman Negara Travel Blog

As we checked out of the hostel, we were met by the owner and his Father-in-law who were amazed by my friendship with Matthew, not due to his odour or where we both come from but for our respective loyalties to football, Liverpool & Everton!

To reach Taman Negara we had to bus it to Jerantut then wait 3 hours for the connecting bus. We expected a bigger town or at least local hostel staff to meet us but there was nothing more than a few misdirecting signs to some of the hostels.

We were joined by a young lad travelling solo who was either too shy to keep a conversation going beyond one syllable or....perhaps, he just didn't like the looks of myself & Matthew....nah that couldn't be it, the problem must be with him for sure.

The two of us checked into a nice spot over looking the river then grabbed a bite to eat on one of the floating restaurants by the rivers edge.

Shamefully I must admit that we were tired. We had done nothing at all today but were still too tired. I never thought I would ever write the following words in this sequence but I felt even too tired to drink a beer....

To make matters worse, I could not even sleep when I got to bed so out came the laptop and I watched Batman Begins. What a brillaint movie, so different from all the other versions.

It seemed that just as I fell asleep, I was rudely awakened by the boats going full throttle outside ferrying people to the park. Even so, we started far later than we had planned. Lie ins are great. We grabbed a quick breakfast and set off down the trail. The park is lovely and very well maintained.

There was a dark chapter in my life that followed soon after. Its pretty embarrasing. Really embarrassing. I will not go into great detail but let's just say that if you have ever seen The Exorcist, you really do not need a description of my getting sick all over the park!

I did eventually get my act together later on in the evening and really enjoy the night walk through the jungle. We saw lots of animals including a Slow Lori!!!!
derekbilldaly says:
You should definitely go sometime. It was really lovely. I bet outside of the monsoon season it might be even nicer. I definitely want to go back some time to do it justice
Posted on: Mar 27, 2010
Vanessa_Mun_Yee says:
I always want to see this but haven't have a chance yet ;)
Posted on: Mar 24, 2010