A River Wild

Kuta Travel Blog

Nicely rested, it was time to do something active with our time and finally do something worth writing home about after a few days lazing about on the beach and drinking at night.

So off we went for a days white water rafting.

I love white rafting I have done it many times at this stage and love the thrill you get from the rush.

We were joined by two couples; Larinda & Wally and Reagan & Ciara. They turned out to be a really great group. Myself and Matthew were split one with each couple and a raft. I was with Larinda and Wally (real name Kyle, never really got to the bottom of that one). They were really great banter which was very welcomeduring the calmer moments of the river and both were up for having a laugh on the rapids.

At the half way mark we stopped for a little refreshment break by a waterfall. Here you could buy a beer or a cola at prices over the odds but boy did that beer go down well.

The river we were rafting had a 4 meter rapid which really got the hearts racing when we came up to the edge and saw the near vertical drop. Bear in mind that I hate heights. I really hate heights. But this was so much fun....well except for when Wally questioned why his girlfriend grabbed hold of me and not him going over the edge haha.

At the end, after hauling your raft up a hill, we all had quick showers then tucked into the included buffett lunch. I feel myself & Matthew truly took advantage of this what with being poor little backpackers and not seeing so much food in awhile! Sadly we did not buy the photos from the day though in retrospect I wish we had.

Tomorrow marks the first day of Matt's Padi course so he wont be joining me on any more nights for awhile.

Back to my roots as a lowly solo backpacker so.

It was harder than I remembered, Thats the problem with being in a holiday makers rather than a backpacker town. I did manage to drum up a little conversation with people in one of the sports bars. Good conversation, flowing beer....thats a good night by all accounts in my books.

photo by: eddie8498