Research, Research.... Research

Malaysia Travel Blog

When normal people embark on a trip, they generally do some degree of research beforehand. This quite possibily explains the lack of fellow travellers in Malaysia right now. Not that I have anything against Malaysia itself, its just that these clever people knew of the monsoon season and unlike me, they knew that it meant more here than in most other countries.

The perhentians were closed as was Tioman and much of the east coast. These were not only on our route but they were our route.

Live and learn.

We still took the Jungle Railway up north in that direction. Im not sure what I expected but whatever it was, it was not what I got.

Sure enough, there was nice scenery outside to be viewed until the rain and bleak darkness enveloped us. It was at this point we realised that the cheaper bus option would have shown precisely the same scenery. The only thing that kept me going was the sheer frustration of Matthew with endeavouring to keep the carriage door shut as people insisted on leaving it open everytime they went through them.

Kota Bharu is unfortunately an easily forgettable town used primarily as a jumping off point for the islands which is why I know I will one day find myself back in this town again to give it a second chance before checking out the islands finally.
derekbilldaly says:
Ah dont worry Vanessa, it was my fault, I should have known about it and should have known how serious it was. Besides, with the Air Asia flights to London, I will be back everytime I go anywhere in Asia haha
Posted on: Mar 27, 2010
Vanessa_Mun_Yee says:
I am sorry you didn't know about the rainy season in Malaysia..usually starts from Nov till Feb. The islands (unfortunately are the most beautiful ones) are closed for the season. Wish you have a better luck next time.
Posted on: Mar 24, 2010