Nouveau Cusine

Adelaide Travel Blog

Living in a hostel with a landslide majority of Asiain people is like attending a master class in cooking. My buddy, Motoki, could give many chefs a run for their money.

When I cook they laugh at my efforts. I know its at me as they always offer me a plate of food (correction: a plate of amazingily delicious food). They are great to watch cook. Inspirational. The sense of community in the hostel is outstanding and wonderful as they share just about everything.

Which explains why I always shared my mix of crackers with cheese or coleslaw.

Steph is a great cook in her own right. I am not just saying that to suck up to her in the vain hope that she will cook for me in India...I know she will. Today she really proved her talent with her Filipino style Bolagnese. It was simply delicious. If it was not because I guilted her into cooking for me, I could have easily eaten seconds and I don't mean like the days when I ate Wayne's dinner whenever he wasn't looking. Steph bad that she never cooked for me when i stayed with her, Wayne & El Bondy in Chesterfield but she cooked for everyone else whoever stayed there.

After I washed the dishes, myself & Matt headed off to meet Maike who had just arrived into town. Neither of us had ever met her before but she was really lovely to the point that it felt like we had known each other a long time. She was about to start a job that would have her driving all over much of Australia. We had a few beers together talking about past travels, future travels and whatever else.

Before long she had to head off back to her campsite so we went back home where I amazed Motoki & Steph with my amazing Chinese noodles!!

photo by: shirlan