A Kinki Island Visit

Penang Travel Blog

Its just wrong to be in a tropical country getting soaked with the rain knowing that it is dry back home in rainy old Dublin. Just plain wrong. A travesty if you will.

We were off to the island of Penang on the West Coast so my optimism for good weather was high.

In Penang we would meet a friend of Matthew's. Not to be bad but I think at this stage we were both in need of some additional company just to mix things up a little. Cabin fever had not yet set in, it was simply that there were far too few other travellers out there to meet and have some banter with.

Crossing on the ferry, I saw one of the longest bridges that I have ever seen. I also noticed something else, I saw nothing but clear blue skies!!

Being here with Harri was an experience in itself.

It was as if I was travelling with a local as he knew all the streets and short cuts. In no time he had us at our hostel. The dorm was pretty funny given that it was just a hallway with a few beds and wardrobes strewn about the place. We also had our very own resident bat. Now you dont get that everywhere.

After dinner and a fair few beers, Kinki appeared and took us out for the night. She came straight out from work so got some food in a food market and bought us two some oysters to go with our beers as we waited. After another beer it was off to Soho for the night.

Kinki is a top girl with a great energy about her. She has a great sense of humour even if most of her jokes seemed to be directed at me (I'll still get revenge on you for that one Kinki!!).  Always with a smile even when she later got lost in her home town looking for a good spot to get some soakage for the copious amounts of beer we had!

Our Dorm Room/Hallway