Home Is Wherever I Lay My Hat

London Travel Blog

At 8.17 a.m, I was awoken by the thumping inside my head as my alarm sang out with the vibrant vocals of Jason Mraz on the 3rd snooze.
Feeling the effects of last nights casual drinks with Shell & Bryan, I decided it finally best to get up and pack my bags before the plane takes off.

Getting to Garrett's house in London was all too effortless, all too familiar. It wasn't like embarking on a year long trip, rather, calling down to your mates house to stay for the weekend.

Since I stayed the last time, the Chamberlain homestead has been seriously revamped. This is in part to the change in residents. Garrett has been joined by my buddy Jeff, a nice couple from Doncaster who met Ruby in Thailand (through Hannah apparently) and a lovely aussie girl (not Hannah) called Simone who sat beside Ruby on the plane back from KL. So it would seem that the only prerequisite into the house is that you have at some point in your life seen Ruby somewhere. As I say, the house was in serious need of the female touch. They've done a good job!

After Jeff's homecooked fair, some cheap beers in the local Weatherspoons and the two bottles of vodka I brought as a house gift, I was home.

Home is wherever I lay my hat.....it's just a good thing I have so many hats!!
London