Hangovers, Shadow Puppets And Not A Lot Else

Yogyakarta Travel Blog

Okay, I'll be honest, I did not drink nearly enough to have a hangover. Still, a hangover day was exactly what the doctor ordered. A day of doing nothing. Absolutely nothing.

So we did.

To pass the tme we did the little things. The little things like checking our emails, Facebook, TravBuddy and trying to see where and when the German lads will catch up with us.

We ate a little here.

We ate a little there.

Wrote in our travel journals.

Uploaded our photos to my laptop.

I took a stroll around the markets.

A truly unremarkable yet enjoyable day.

Just to make the day count, we strolled to the Kraton area to watch the puppet show. We expected it to be the same as the wooden ones in Pangandaran.

We were wrong.

Very wrong.

It was a shadow puppet show. It good but my Bahasa Indonesia is still fairly poor and as such I could not work out why this Rama guy wanted the sword from this lad called Rawistama. It was interesting to see that either side of the "stage" gave two different perspectives. One side was the shadow side, the other side was were the musicians and performers were so that you could see the paper-like puppets in all their colourful glory.

derekbilldaly says:
Exactly, I think you need these kind of days every now and then, helps to appreciate all the other days busy travelling around the place eh
Posted on: Jan 21, 2011
Stigen says:
I find days like that more enjoyable then days rushing around trying to see everything , or even worse; days at work !
Posted on: Jan 21, 2011