Carestel near Gent

Wetteren Travel Blog

This is Drongen on friday. It was to dark in Wetteren

There are so many Carestels along all mayor autoroutes in Belgium, but they aren't known in the TB database.

Last month my first Carestel was near Mechelen. I was there with a colleage and we had the Schnitzel with french fries and salad. We could choose from 3 sauces, I always go for the peppersauce:)
in the past I have been to other Carestels and I have always had a quick and friendly service, and a decent meal.

On our way in (at another Carestel, they are on opposit sides of the road, and they all look alike) we had a nice coffee.
On our way back we ordered meatbals in tomato sauce and a half chicken (alliteration in Dutch: Halve Haan) with peppersauce:) and chips.
The cook was friendly and fast ( typically Flemish guy, young, lovely and naive) and the woman at the pay point was nice too.
Our meals were good (for that price even great:) I think Carestel is a great place to stop on your holidaytrip. (not to celebrate a birthday with your inlaws)

Tips from uncle Huib:
1/If you are with a group, be there first. If it is very quiet, try to have 10 persons before you (see tip#2), then everything you get is made fresh.
2/They charge 30c for the bathroom (I find that no problem, they are at least cleaned regularly) and you will get a voucher for a 30c rebate on your next order, so go first.
3/ when you have a glass of lemonade (cola, fanta), check if you can have a free refill.

This is Drongen on friday. It was …
This is Drongen on friday. It was…
Meatbals in tomato sauce