Our First Day

Italy Travel Blog

We did get to see Sara at our gate in the airport in Washington, DC.  How great to see her again!  She looks great and is feeling much better.  She gave me a Pashmina from her and Jen.  They are doing this "traveing Pashmina" thing where they have pics taken wearing them everywhere they go.  It's beautiful -- I just love it!

We made it to Rome on time! Yay! Met the other 10 people in our group for the shuttle to the ship that I arranged. All without a glitch! All my worries and concerns were for nothing. What a relief! Now I can just relax and enjoy this wonderful vacation. Whew!

What a nice bunch of people in this group. I'm so glad we went on Cruise Critic beforehand and got to know so many people. Plus we're really looking forward to the tours that we've arranged through them.

We are now on our way to Naples. We have no tours planned for this port since we've been here before.  Most people are going to Pompeii or Amalfi, and we've been to Pompeii a few times and also to Amalfi, so we'll just walk around Naples a little on our own. Naples is known for pizza (I think it originated here), so we HAVE to find a good pizza place.

For now, though, just can't wait to get a good shower and go to bed!