Livorno, Italy

Livorno Travel Blog

Again, since we've been to Pisa, Florence, Lucca and most of the places the tours are going, we opted to just roam around Livorno on our own. It was a little rainy off and on today. Again, there was a shuttle bus provided by Princess to take us into town. I was hoping to buy some Zetia, since Ray is almost out (his prescription mail order refill didn't get to us in time). Our table mates bought quite a few drugs in one of our other stops, so I thought we might get a good buy, but a 30-day supply cost about what we pay for a 90-day supply, so he'll have to do without for a few days. I did get some over-the-counter stuff for nausea, since my stomach is still pretty messed up. I didn't even have any gelato when Ray got his. We did find another little street market, though, and I found a really nice Nativity, which I couldn't resist. I was planning on holding out until we get to Barcelona, because they have a great Christmas market with many Nativities, but I really like this one, and it's different from any of the ones I've got. Didn't have much for dinner again tonight. Still babying my stomach. Our table server, Pim, a really sweet girl, knows I love having fresh mixed berries for dessert. She said she's getting worried that the berries will all be gone by the time I feel well enough to eat any.

Livorno