Back in Italy

Civitavecchia Travel Blog

We got moved to our new balcony cabin, and it turns out that the people (smokers) I was so concerned about in the cabin next door are from Cruise Critic, and we were on the same bus with them when we went to Cairo. They're pretty nice, but they are big smokers. I had emailed our travel agent the night before the move to see if there was anything she could do, but she couldn't help. Anyway, so far, it hasn't been a problem. They said they hardly ever use the balcony, so that will be good (if true). I was sure we'd be able to smell it in our cabin, but we haven't. All that worrying and complaining for nothing (hopefully).

Now for the travel update.  We're back in Civitavecchia (for Rome). We've been here before, but always toured Rome, so we decided to walk around Civitavecchia a little on our own today. Princess provided a free shuttle from the ship out to the entrance to the port, and we walked from there. Not really too much to see. We did come upon a little street market, which we just love walking through. Found a little shop that was selling Christmas decorations. I wanted to somehow decorate the door of our cabin, so I bought a little red and gold garland to drape on the door. That was about it – then back to the ship. There was a Cruise Critic get-together this afternoon with all the new people who just boarded today for the 3-continent transatlantic part of the cruise. It was good to meet the people we've been corresponding with online for all this time. We all gave Daniel our 10 euros apiece to make the exchange into Moroccan money (drahms) for the trip to Rabat that we have planned when we get to Morocco next Sunday.

Oh, we're now at Elite status with Princess, which means we get our laundry and dry cleaning done for free!!  Yay!  We sent 2 bags out already today.

Civitavecchia