Another Sea Day

Mediterranean Sea Travel Blog

Another nice sea day today. We started out with a very nice church service led by the Assistant Cruise Director with Scripture reading and message by one of the passengers who is also a pastor. Breakfast after that, then Trivia (which we didn't win). We had our final Cruise Critic get together for this part of the cruise. There are now people coming to our get-togethers who never even got on the website. They've just heard about our group and the money we're saving by booking our tours privately. After the get-together, Kathy and Mike, a couple we've become friendly with wanted to get together with us, but I started feeling sick – achy, cold, etc. I'm really hoping it isn't the flu! So I slept until time for dinner and just got broth and tea for dinner. I still feel pretty lousy, so we're going to skip the show tonight. They'll probably repeat it on the next cruise anyway. I just hate to be around anyone, just in case I have the flu!

I'm still nervous about the cabin we're moving to because of the smoker in the cabin next to it. I spoke with the Cruise Director, and he suggested that I call the Passenger Services Director, which I did. Didn't get too far with her. She said that they have as much a right to do what they want in their cabin as we do. I told her that, if we can't use the balcony because of too much smoke out there, I'd be back on the phone to her trying to have the price of our cabin adjusted to the rate for an inside cabin. We'll see what happens.

Oh, this afternoon, as we were passing through the Straits of Messina, we passed the island of Stromboli. The whole island is a huge mountain, which is also a volcano. It's not really erupting, but there is smoke coming out of the top. Pretty neat.

So, now we should be packing up our things getting ready for tomorrow's move, but I feel more like going to bed!

Mediterranean Sea