Sal and some Eminem rappin'!

New Orleans Travel Blog

With Sal at the Eminem concert!

I checked in my hostel, texted Sal and then headed to the Voodoo fest. I had a hard time finding a spot to park, and then had to walk for miles, but fortunately it was very easy to meet with Sal at the big VOODOO sign at the entrance of the Fest. Sal is an awesome guy! What can i say, as soon as I met him I knew we would have a great time. He is so cool and easygoing, we found ourselves talking about many things on our way to the main stage of the fest. It had rained a bit during the afternoon, so the City Park was all wet and muddy.

Eminem was already rappin' when we got to the stage. I am not a big fan of rap, but I had always found Eminem's music cool. I have to say that he is much better live! I knew many of the songs he did, so I had a lot of fun. One thing I liked about him was how he addresses the crowd, he is like shy, humble and with an attitude at the same time. Great entertainer. At the end of the concert me and Sal went chillin' out to a pizza bar somewhere near his hotel. There were many people already dressed in customes for Halloween. We did the protocolar toast for the meet-up with Tequila shots and then had some pizza which resulted to be great. We then had the chance to talk a bit more about ourselves and again I was very impressed with Sal's personality and sense of humor. We then called it a day and agreed to meet the next day.

montecarlostar says:
Well, at least you had some time to spend with them there, that is cool! Say hi to Florence and her husband for me next time you talk with them! They were very nice people.
sincitytraveler says:
Mobile was very pretty but I hardly spent any time there. I just met Florence and her husband for dinner and we watched the sunset from their balcony overlooking the river. I need to come back down there when I don't have a convention so I can see more of the area.
montecarlostar says:
Yeah Sal he is such a great artist live. I had a great time at the concert. It would have been great to see Lenny Kravitz as well! Look forward to those picts! and BTW how was Mobile?
With Sal at the Eminem concert!
Eminem in concert! (He is the smal…
Eminem in concert! (He is the sma…
Eminem in concert!
A neon pine at the Voodoo fest!
A neon pine at the Voodoo fest!
Spooky oaks
People in scary customs
Spooky Elvis!
Spooky Elvis!
New Orleans Hostels review
I had a peaceful experience there
I don't have anything to complain about this hostel in New Orleans. You get what you pay for, right? I was a bit reluctant to stay in a hostel in … read entire review
New Orleans Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Cool place to chill out a bit
We found this place while walking around downtown New Orleans. It was a good place to chill out and have a few drinks and pizza. The only think I woul… read entire review