last whole day with the group

Zanzibar Travel Blog

Edwin, Livey and Helen

I got up at 5.15am so I could walk to the lighthouse and watch the sunrise. It was nice and quite on the way to the lighthouse. I got to the lighthouse but it was very cloudy and even rained a bit but I did get to see it breaking through the clouds it was worth getting up for. I Sat there and watched it rise then went for a walk. I walked to the end of one cove then thought I will walk around the next cove etc  I done this for an hour or so stopped sat down for a while to think things through then strolled back walking when I could in the sea.

I seen a lot of people all very friendly.

I seen women raking up the sea weed and fluffing up the sand on the beach and fishermen getting their boats ready and women fully clothed in the sea with nets fishing this was strange to see but nice to see how they live their lives. I

Today was my last whole day with the group and I am glad it ended with a good one. We all meet at the bar and walked to the beach where we meet are guide for the day. We picked are snorkelling gear and got on to the boat. The weather was perfect. It was lovely and sunny and the sea is so crystal clear and warm. We went out to the first snorkel site and it was deep so I hesitated to go in without a life jacket.  So Alan and Myself let the others go in first and we were debating whether to go in or not when Brooke who was just over the side of the boat was going ow ow and saying she was getting electric shocks.

We noticed she had jelly fish all around her so Alan and myself pulled her in and shouted to the others to tell Sara there were jelly fish around as she had a bad reaction to one before and we had to get her out of the water.

Then all we could hear was everyone going ow ow and as fast as they could they were all swimming back to the boat. It looked so funny like a comic sketch on the tv where a shark is chasing them. We got Sara out of the water first then the others. We were glad we hesitated to go in. The stings came out very red on everyone and burnt. We then got taken to another site on the way we spotted dolphins so the guide took us over and said we could swim with them. When we got closer some of the group dived straight in. I did not because I could not swim after them confidently. I was not the only one to stay on the boat. The other’s got back in and said they were swimming above the dolphins and it was amazing.

We went to another site for snorkelling it was very choppy but I managed to get a crapy life jacket as did Alan. The others had already gone so we went over the side and tried just floating and getting our heard under the water. I did not like it and found it scary my breathing was very fast.   We got back in the boat then Helen came over to see how Alan was doing. So we told her. I was going to stay in the boat when Leigh and Clinton came over to see how I was doing. So I told them I went in got scared and got back in but I thought I would give it another go. So Leigh said just practise floating  then laying on my front and Clinton said put my flippers on.

So I got back in the water and Clinton helped me put my flippers on.

Then I practised floating and trying to control my breathing. After a while I swam out to the coral with Clinton one side of me and Leigh the other. It was hard going with the waves and I was panicing a bit thinking that the waves would go over the tube and I would swallow loads of  water. I was swimming along and I seen Clinton dive down to the bottom then he or someone pointed at the fish so I swam over and followed them then I felt a hand on my arm directing me I thought it was Clinton or someone. I put my head up and it was one of the guide’s with an empty plastic drum tied around his waist as a float. I looked around and had swam some distance from the boat . So he asked if I was ok and needed help getting back to the boat I said I could swim back so I put my head down and he had his hand around my arm I kept swimming the wrong way haha. We eventually got back to the boat then I swallowed loads of water. I got back on the boat and thanked the guy for coming out. The others said well done in trying. We headed off  to a beach where we would have lunch. The guy who helped me was working on the boat and  I think he trod on the ancour and cut his bottom of his foot pretty badly so we got Susan down to look at it.
It was bleeding quite a lot he had a flap of skin hanging there. He just put his foot in the salt water then Susan wrapped it up to stop the bleeding, he didn’t seem bothered when we got to the beach he went and seen an elderly guy.

We had a lovely lunch fresh Tuna bbq with spices and herbs it was so tasty looking I had to have some sod starving myself because of my bad belly. We also had fruit etc.  After lunch I went for a walk on my own down the beach and took some photo’s and found some shells. The trip back was very peaceful we sailed back.  When we got back to the beach I had to say goodbye to Clinton and Brooke this was hard as they were a lovely couple and I have had such a laugh with them over the last few weeks. After saying my goodbyes I decided to go for a walk on my own down the beach on the left hand side.

It was nice walking through the surf admiring the view and enjoying the sun I just kept on walking and walking around different coves. I got so far then just sat down to have a think about the last month and realising that come tomorrow I will be leaving the group

I walked back before the tide became to high as I had to walk through the sea to get where I was. I slowly walked back and seen Steve reading a book outside of his place so we  went to the bar for a drink and I chat then a couple of the ladies joined us. We all meet in the bar the sun set was cool tonight. We meet up and went to the restaurant. We had a lovely meal and had a joke and a chat and watched the show. At the end of the meal it was time to say goodbye to Sara.

We went back to our bar and had a few drinks.

The guys wnet to swim with the dolphins
Sam took my camera and took some photo’s of everyone for me while I was chatting to Alan. We all sat and chatted and I gave Sam the bag with all my gear in it like sun tan lotion etc etc. And told her to take what she wanted and give the rest to the group. One by one they all went to bed and it was only Sam and Myself left we had a chat for a while then she went to bed. I finished my drink .

I cant sleep I don’t want to leave tomorrow if only I could stay for another 5weeks. I am going to find it hard saying bye to everybody but most of all Sam, Sue, Steve and Alan and Helen. I am hoping they will keep in touch and maybe I will see them again.

I got up at 5.

15am so I could walk to the lighthouse and watch the sunrise. It was nice and quite on the way to the lighthouse. I got to the lighthouse but it was very cloudy and even rained a bit but I did get to see it breaking through the clouds it was worth getting up for. I Sat there and watched it rise then went for a walk. I walked to the end of one cove then thought I will walk around the next cove etc  I done this for an hour or so stopped sat down for a while to think things through then strolled back walking when I could in the sea.

I seen a lot of people all very friendly. I seen women raking up the sea weed and fluffing up the sand on the beach and fishermen getting their boats ready and women fully clothed in the sea with nets fishing this was strange to see but nice to see how they live their lives.

Edwin, Livey and Helen
The guys wnet to swim with the dol…
The guys wnet to swim with the do…
Where we had lunch
Pamela and Anna
Pamela and Anna
Chevpne
Chevpne
Sunrise, shame it was overcast and…
Sunrise, shame it was overcast an…
Zanzibar