lake Byongi - Uganda

Uganda Travel Blog

Just a view down to the lake

Nothing much really happened again today, I promise this blog will get less boring as it goes on. We did actually see wildlife and had some fun. But the first part of the holiday was a lot of traveling to get us to Rwanda and the gorillas.  So dont give up reading yet, just have a nice strong caffene drink or two!

Today I was up early again , I was the first up every day well apart from maybe the tour guides. . I did not get much sleep again last night as it was very noisy the dogs were barking aswell as a group of people who were very noisy then it started raining at 2.15am  so I had to get up and put the fly sheet on I saw the others doing the same.

Then it absolutely poured down and I had to take my tent down  in the rain again ( we have had very little sun so far on this trip and a lot of rain ) all my gear got soaking wet, as did I so not happy but you have to laugh at these things.

It was another long drive and in wet clothes well damp clothes it was a bit boring but we just looked out at the landscape and the people, We see the gorillas on Tuesday we are all hoping it will get better because at the moment we get up early , drive,  set up tents , have tea then most go bed early we would like less driving and see more of Africa but not on a bus and get more involved and see the locals.

My tent about 6ft from the lake

We are at lake Byongi know it has beautiful views I am camped 6 ft from the edge of the lake with my door opening onto the lake so in the morning I will have an amazing view . I went to have  a shower well actually it was a dribble of cold water so I though I would wait and wash in a sink later on when people are in bed.

We had tea and a chat about the next day, we talked amongst ourselves then some went bed but myself, Eric, Sam and Sue.  It was nice we sat having a drink at the bar near the lake and had a chat about the holiday and other things and had a laugh it was nice it felt like I have known them for ages.

It's know 11.24 and I am sat with the flap open looking out at the lake listening to the insects it is very hot  so I am in no hurry to go bed  and I want a wash still.Oh and a good tip for you dont spray loads of insect repelent in your tent just before you go to bed because  I just sprayed  so much of  it I cant breath and also my sleep gear and tent are wet. lol . So I am going to look at the stars untill it's safe to enter my tent again

Ok this will make you laugh at the time it seemed a good idea, dont ask me why lack of sleep maybe .

Like I said earlier the shower block ( mixed sex) was tucked away around the tree's,  beacuse the shower was just a dribble and freezing I though I would just go back when everybody was in bed and use the sink which was on the outside of the block. atleast it was warm.  So as my tent was de-fuming I waited outside and chilled out and waiting untill I though everybody went bed.   So I grabbed my wash gear looking around making sure nobody was around.

It was all quite so I just stripped of to have a good wash ( my legs etc were orange in dust)  I though nothing of it, untill I heard laughing behind me not thinking I just turned around to see who was there.  Yeah this was not a good idea as I was totally stark naked!. It happend to be  2 women with their wash gear, I was so embarrased and I just froze for a second then grabbed my towel and said "Sorry I though everybody was in bed and the showers are not working".   The women just laughed and said "dont worry about it, the look on your face was priceless" and said " the showers are no good in the daytime because all the people use the water up quickly" she walked into the shower and turned it on not only was in more powerfull but it was warm aswell.

Some wiews of the lake
  I just laughed and said " thankyou I will have a shower then".

They just got into the showers next to me and we all had a laugh. Sat back in the tent writting this down I cant help but giggle to myself, It was just such a bad idea and I was lucky they had a sence of humour and didnt report me. When I can stop giggling I am going to try and get some sleep