Zanzibar then Dar Es Salam to say goodbye to the group

Zanzibar Travel Blog

After being awake all night got up early and packed all my gear away.  We all meet up at the bar for lunch and got told what the plans were for the day.  We got taken into town and got told we had a few hours to do whatever we liked and where to meet.

I went off with Steve to start with and looked around a few shops and found Freddy Mercury house. After a while we managed to find Sam, Sue then Alan and Helen, We all found a restaurant and had a lovely meal and talked about the past month and how much they wished I could carry on with them on the next part of the trip down to Cape Town.

On the way back to the meeting place I found a spice shop, So I went in with Helen to but some spices.  We looked around and bought some different bits then I noticed they had loads of Saffron . Back home this is so expensive for a couple of strands it’s about £5 or more. We both looked at this and asked the guy and he said they pick it just up the road, they have many fields of it.  It was so cheap so I thought my family would love some plus back home I could make a small fortune so I bough loads.

We all meet up and took the ferry back to Dar Es Salame, We hiked our bags back to the truck. Where Sue, Missy and myself had to say our goodbyes to everybody.  This was hard I would of loved to carry on with them and have more great experiences .  After a hard goodbye we got in a mini-bus and got taken to the airport to fly us back to Nairobi. The airport was small but we were only here a few hours.  I got to Nairobi airport and just sat down for a last drink with Sue and Missy

Then a long 8.5 hour flight to Amsterdam, I was so tired I sleept nearly all the way. When I got to Amsterdam my flight was cancelled and I had to wait for 4 hours so I missed my flight from London back to Cornwall.  So I had to wait until the next day.

Zanzibar