A walk in Doneraile Park

Doneraile Travel Blog

This evening I drove down to Doneraile near Mallow in Co. Cork. I had heard of a beautiful park there, covering an area of 166 hectares, so I checked it out! It's a very nice park with some excellent scenery! There are plenty of deer in the fields running about, and some very picturesque areas, where you will no doubt like to take some photos!

Doneraile Park is a very calm place, and is a great spot to do a bit of reading on a nice summer's evening, which is exactly what I did! Unfortuantely (there's always an unfortunately in my blog entries!) I only got down there for about 6.30pm and the park closes at 8pm, and I was starting to get hungry so I left at about 7.
30pm! I took a few pictures for you to see though, so I hope you enjoy them!

The park is open from 8am until 8.30pm (gate closes at 8pm) Monday-Friday from Mid April until October. In this time it is also open from 10am to 8.30pm on Saturday, and 11.00am until 7pm on Sundays and Bank Holidays. From November to Mid April, it is open 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday, and 10am till 4pm on Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays! This is due to the fact that it gets dark in Ireland before 5pm in the Winter!

To get there, take the N20 (Limerick Road) from Cork City, and keep going straight, don't go into Mallow itself, rather keep driving straight through roundabouts. Eventually you'll pass a Statoil garage on your left, and the speed limit will increase back to 100km/h. The turn for Doneraile (a right turn) isn't very far from here, and the signpost is very clear so you shouldn't miss it. After the turn keep driving, don't make any turn-offs. Eventually you'll bear left into Doneraile town, keep driving through here, and on the other side of the town you'll see a signpost that Doneraile Park is on your right. The park is through the gates on the right hand side immediately after this signpost! The journey from the city centre take 35-45 minutes pending traffic.
sunsetrosebud says:
That looks lovely and very peaceful.
Posted on: May 21, 2007