Arriving in Iceland

Iceland Travel Blog

Thursday 30th of September 2010!!! Finally time to go to Iceland!

I met my friend Wilmke at Schiphol and together we flew to Keflavik, Icelands international airport. Iceland Air brought us quick and safe to the land of fire & ice, but the service wasn't too good... Cutting expensives... So one drink in 3 hours and food was for sale. I hadn't seen Wilmke for over a year, so it was really good to see each other again.

Without any checks at customs we got our bags and started looking for Janja, my friend from Slovenia. The information desk told us that her flight was delayed from 3pm to 10.30pm!!! So we waited for Matt and the three of us took the flybus to Reykjavik.

Arrving at Keflavik Airport
After a late lunch at Subway we walked to our hotel (Travel Inn), opposite the bus station. Funny, even though you haven't met some one before, you just know who he/she is as soon as you meet. Of cours pictures help a lot, but some people DO look different on their profile pic.
We checked in and met Amber, who arrived really early that morning.
The four of us walked into the small city centre of Reykjavik where we had some cheap greasy chinese food at an Irish pub with French music from the 60's. How much worse can it get... After a while some locals played some real Irish music. We didn't wanna be rude, but it was time to go. We got back to the hotel and Wilmke and I waited for Janja, who finally arrived at 11.45pm.
I hadn't seen Janja for almost two years. When I was in Australia she visited my parents, met Ashish and Lauro. So I was really happy to see her again aswell. It is so good to meet life time friends. I wish I could see them more often!

First day! So far so good!!! Let the journey begin!!! Iceland, here we are!

Hotel review coming soon

lauro says:
yes let the journey begin!!!!! :D
Posted on: Oct 22, 2010