Sydney

Sydney Travel Blog

There is no best way to begin my series of blogs that will describe the beauty of my experiences in Australia.  Because of the overwhelming amount of amazing memories I have of my travels there, I will write my series of blogs in chronological order.

Sydney is one of those marvelous cities that no matter how many times you ride over the bridge into it every night, you cannot take your eyes off the illuminating buildings.  Working in nightlife, I traveled across the Sydney Harbour Bridge by bus almost every night of the week.  Some of my best moments to be alone and collect were when I would hop on that bus, turn on my iPod, and just stare into the alluring scene of lit buildings.

Night scenery aside, Sydney is also an incredible sight by day.  It reminds me of a smaller version of New York, with a British twist.  Hundreds of tall buildings crunch together to form the CBD (center business district).  Many buildings are historic and numerous alleyways are still paved with their original cobblestone.  Excluding those who live outside the city,  unless you have a unit in one of the swank skyscrapers,  you most likely dwell in a narrow English-styled townhouse.

Sydney Opera House

And how could I describe the beauty of Sydney without including the world famous Sydney Opera House.  I remember learning about this magnificent building and seeing it on TV during the 2000 Olympic Games.  My first sight of it was just as incredible as I expected.  My first visit inside the opera house was when some friends and I went to watch a Cuban jazz artist perform.  The size of the concert hall, and the sound it produced, surpassed anything I have ever seen or heard before.  I felt it was quite “touristy” to do, but nevertheless a stunning work of architecture that is worth seeing in one’s lifetime.

Sydney