On the road again

Dunedin Travel Blog

Today was a fairly busy one - left Queenstown at 8.00am to rain and more rain. My jacket got it's second major airing. Never took it off today. Oh for the weather back home.

Hoping it clears tomorrow.

Got into Dunedin and walked the world's steepest street in rain - yes I was a little stupid. But I did it! Also got into accommodation again it's okay – still waiting for that elusive really nice hostel. Westport and Franz have been the closest so far.

I had a fairly quick walk around Dunedin before getting picked up to go out to the Otago Peninsula. Saw display on Albatross, but no birds as it was raining & was too wet for them.

Also went out on Wildlife tour where there were seals and yellow eyed penguins. It was very nice – the company had little shelters tucked into the cliffs and you could walk in to see the seals 1 meter away. The little babies were so cute – but didn't have much balance or confidence on the rocks.

The penguins were a fair way away – but towards the end of the trip one came out of the sea and waddled its way up to beach, was cute and amusing. The guide also opened up a window of the shelter and a blue penguin was just 1 meter away.

So cold, wet and hungry we got back to Dunedin. I had a not very filling, but warm tomato soup. Tomorrow I can splash out a bit.

I'm not too sure what to do here – but a tour of the Cadbury factory is a must! Went into supermarket next to the factory and the smell… Might have to leave all the money and Credit Cards at hostel!

Tomorrow exploring.