Will it rain or shine?

Nelson Travel Blog

This morning, I got up at the hour of 6.20am. Tomorrow I'll be sleeping in as I've already had my shower from today's activities.

It looked like thunder, and I wasn't too impressed as I was about to pay a fair bit of money for this Kayak along Able Tasman Park.

But by the time we got to the beach and taxied up to Bark Bay, the clouds had disappeared.

Now call me stupid, I know that you do anyway, but I didn't read how many k's we were going to be paddling - imagine my surprise at 16km.

Our guide was Maori and very knowledgeable. Though most of what he said I have now forgotten.

Seeing a bay from a kayak can be terrific, you go at your own pace (or at least with only one other person in the same boat), and can get a close to the rocks and shore as possible. Though the water was freezing :)

The water was so clear! Schools of small fish were almost touchable.

The highlight - the seals. One baby was swimming & playing 1 meter in from out kayaks, beautiful sight. I only hope the piccy turns out alright.

I won't go on about the beauty of all the bays I saw or how far I could see through the water. It'll be a day I'll not forget easily.

By the end of the trip I was very tired and needed many stops. I'm a little pink from it, but not too bad. I'm very tired and up again for an early start.

Toodles for now, off to Westport I go.

Nelson