In Queenstown

Queenstown Travel Blog

Well, finally arrived in Queenstown today - a good fortnight after I left Brissie, I'm fairly impressed with myself. :)

Today the Bus driver stopped off at a Bungy place for a few people who took the plunge. It looked fun, but I think too much for me. We also stopped off at the Amazing World just outside Wanaka. It was pretty cool. I didn't take any pictures, but the basic gist of it all was a lot of 3D illusions, picture illusions and also another room which was at a 45' Angle (I think that's the angle anyway).

We then made our way into Q/T. Well, my boots are waterproof, but they're going to be getting another coating when they dry. There was a group photo that was decided to be taken *in* the water, and I was only going up to my ankles, but the wave came right on into my boots. We'll see how well they dry, I've used one free newspaper in them...

Had a quick chat to the people at the Department of Conservation, and the Milford track is all booked up until April, so I'll try to get onto the Routeburn track at the end Feb. Will be booking that after I get to my next hostel which is quite a bit cheaper than where I am tonight.

Well I'll let you all know how it goes later this week (if I have any time that is :)

photo by: genetravelling