Pinch and a Punch

Franz Josef Travel Blog

for the first day of the month.

Well I'm just in Franz Josef today. Just finished washing (again), and about to cook dinner. Facilities here are very nice - I paid a little more money for an ensuite to the dorm room. Though I'm battling the mozzies at the moment.

No battling 20 other girls for the 2 showers like this morning. Tomorrow Heli- hiking. I decided to go on the afternoon tour - otherwise I would not have a sleep in and Thursday is an early 7am start.

I'm much looking forward to the walk. Today I'm in a dorm with another Aussie and 2 Canadians. Pretty much a home away from home. I don't think there will be much else to do here.

On Thursday we'll be moving onto Wanaka.

Queenstown I already have *planned* 3 days. Not so much have booked anything, but decided on three activities already. So again I think that this will be an extended stay - though I will be going back once more so anything I miss, I will have another chance to do.

I'm still deciding if I should do the Routeburn or the Milford track walk. Will have to talk to the information people in Queenstown to make my decision.

Well this is my sign off today, and I'll try to tell you how the heli hike goes tonight.

Franz Josef