Adrenalin

Rotorua Travel Blog

Today I headed out to do some activities. Then I sat back recovering for the rest of the day. Tomorrow will also be a lazy day - just walking around town.

So today I choose 3 activities, the Zorb, Agrojet and Swoop. The Swoop was fantastic. You are hoisted up 40m in a body harness, then asked to pull the clip and off you go, swinging out. With a fair bit of freefall. I was with 2 other girls from Kiwi, as having more people gives it a larger "Swoop" factor. I think I lost my stomach in the 1st five seconds.

The Agrojet was next. It's a small water course with a 3 seater small jetboat. You are taken through hair raising turns and come close to the edges, a few times you thought that it was going to take you over the edge, but it was all fine. Our driver was going to do a big 360, but came out a little too late and managed to land us up on the bank backwards :) It was pretty cool, but a little disappointing after the swoop.

Then I went to the zorb - a big blowup ball that you jump into and then roll down a hill. There are only two choices, a dry harness or wet freefall. The wet zorb is the better one, they put water into the ball and you slip and slide inside as you roll down the hill. However I wasn't in the mood to get drenched, so I went the dry (harness), and just went round and round down the hill. You have no idea as to where you are.

So I had a very enjoying day.

Oh yeah, and yesterday I went to a Hangi meal and Maori concert. They explained the customs of the Maori, saw dancing, poi, fighting sticks. It was a good show and fantastic buffet feast.
Rotorua