EuropeItalyPisa

Pisa, 10423 steps

Pisa Travel Blog

mom & me

Even though the sun was shining when we left Amsterdam, it was raining when we arrived in Pisa. Doesn't matter: we are in Italy!. Our tour guide, madeleine, prefers to say that it's not raining but those drops are liquid sunshine. In our touringcar we are waiting for 20 minutes for one person who seems to be missing. Fortunately he arrives and our trip can start! Our first stop will be at Piazza del miracoli, the square of the miracles. Here we see the cathedral the, a jewish cemetery and of course the leaning tower of pisa. We start walking around the cathedral and the tower. This tower was build in 1173 and after 50 years the tower started leaning. In spite of this the people continued building the tower untill it was too late. After seeing this tower we are walking further along the shops with souvenirs. Because the tour guide told, filled with enthousiasm, about the jewish cemetery and that less people discovered it yet. We passed by and now I know why: I didn't find it so interesting.  It was time to get back to the bus and our bus driver, philomena, took us to montecatini. Montecatini consists of two parts: Montecatini Terme and Montecatini Alto. In Montecatini Terme used to be the spa's and health centers and Montecatini is the old part. We stayed in hotel Byron in Montecatini Terme for two nights.

peeyushmalhotra says:
have you ever seen a catacomb???
Posted on: Oct 28, 2009