Time to Leave

Airlie Beach Travel Blog

Over the week I've realized that Arlie Beach isn’t enough for me.  I don’t feel at home here and I can’t spend the next few months working here.  It’s not big enough or diverse enough.  I don’t want to work in a place that caters so much to tourists.  My second spot to consider for work was the Gold Coast along the train line from my friend Ang in Brisbane.  That means I need to check out Broadbeach and towns south from there to Coolangatta.  If anyone knows Aus you’ll say why not go to Surfers Paradise?  Well for those who live in Aus they’d say don’t go to Surfers Paradise!  I don’t want to work there, it’s the Vegas scene of Aus and I while it will be fun to party there, I don’t want to work there.

The time is right and I’m ready to go.  I always leave when I feel it’s the right time.  Today is that day.  I booked my flight.  I’m heading on a taxi to Prosperpine to get a flight to Brisbane!  I’m arriving later in Dec than I originally expected but that is the way it is suppose to be!  I love this country.  The land is remarkable.  The plane is rising over Prosperpine, the land looks rural, vacant.  Just large plots of land and hills scattered everywhere.  It’s amazing that the coast of Aus is so active and vibrant and then within a short drive or flight it all looks so different.  Everything is pointing/pushing me here, to Brisbane and forward.  I’m here and now I’m ready for anything.  Bring it on Aus!
Airlie Beach