AsiaMalaysiaMulu

Stealing Moments and Back in KK

Mulu Travel Blog

Took a canopy tour on my third day in Mulu.  It is the longest canopy tour in the world at 450 m and 15 separate platforms.  Awesome!  My favourite walks are the ones that go across the river.  So scary!

Hurried back from the walk to meet my friend Dan who I met while I was here.  Dan and I have tons in common including our love of the author Dick Francis.  That is how we met.  Dan was reading Dick Francis and I was thinking I don’t know anyone young who reads Dick Francis, so I introduced myself.  I decided to sneak Dan into the Royal Mulu Resort as my guest and steal a few final moments in the posh swimming pool before I had to leave for the airport.  The hotel was like, excuse me sir but what room are you in?

My other friends Hans and Marcel were in the tuk tuk/taxi that was taking me to the airport and Dan to the Mulu park.  I originally met Hans and Marcel while visiting the show caves.  Hans is very sick so I gave him some of my drugs, man I’m a walking pharmacy!  I’m looking at him knowing exactly how he feels and I feel really bad for him.

So I’m heading back to KK.  Why on earth go back there you ask.  Well, I couldn’t get a daytime flight to my next stop: Tawau.  And based on the things I’ve read about that city, I frankly didn’t want to arrive there in the middle of the night.  I decide to stay at the same hotel as Hans and Marcel when we get back to KK.  I’ll use it to rest up and get organized.  The hotel is nice!  Much fancier than where I was before!  I have a real hotel room, complete with t.v. AND room service!  I order a club sandwich, watch a movie and lounge on the bed.  I barely even looked out the window at KK.  I hibernate in that room.

Mulu