New Years, a Potential Job and a Trip to Adelaide!?!

Brisbane Travel Blog

New Year's!

Ang threw an amazing New Year's Eve party in her garage.  She cleared out the garage and set it up to accomodate all the people, booze and of course the dancing!!  We hit the stores, picked up snacks and drinks.  People partied late, enjoying everything, and even getting a view of the fireworks put on by the city!  I took a pit stop at midnight to talk to Dave.  I will happily mention that Dave and I have kept in touch since I got back from the liveaboard.  At first it was just emails, but we've been talking and texting a lot since I got my new phone. What can I say.  He is lovely!  We'll see what happens. :)

Ang and I are terribly hung over on Sunday.  My big effort was to clean up the garage and then call home to have New Year's in Canada over Skype with Erin and my amazing friend Kat.  They were having new year's together at Kat's house in Barrie, Ontario.

It was amazing to talk to them and to feel like I was with them as they rang in the new year at home.

Most of Sunday was spent on the couch though.  We ate, watched movies, and recovered.

Monday Ang heads back to work and I get sorted.  I write a new resume and apply for jobs.  I make a call to a cafĂ© in Broadbeach and have an interview tomorrow (Tues)!  That was fast!  Now I need to get down there.  I decide to rent a car, it will make it easier for me to check out the town.

I speak to Dave that night, as always I can't wait to talk to him.  I mention to him that I'd like to come see him.  He thinks its an amazing idea!  So we make a plan, I am going to fly down to Adeliade to see him for a week at the end of January!  Yow!  I can't wait!  We're both extremely excited!  Holy crap I can't believe this is happening!

New Years!
New Year's!
Even Kernel got involved!
Even Kernel got involved!
My ride to Broadbeach