Flight to Hong Kong

Hong Kong Travel Blog

Check out Central Park!

Flight to Hong Kong is going really well.  The views were fantastic today.  Leaving JFK you can see all of Manhattan, we flew across the eastern U.S over a clear sky, so you could see the cities and natural landscapes.  When we flew over the arctic the sky was clear again - my word is was beautiful.  The plane is massive " 67 rows, in economy there are 9 seats across.  I’ve been on planes with more seats but Cathay gives you lots of room even in economy.  First class looks amazing!! They basically have recliners with foot rests.  Not a bad deal to fly that way!  Next time right - ha, yah right.

Got some babies on the plane.  Didn’t know how that would turn out, but all is well, except for the young boy you talks and talks and talks.  It doesn’t bother me, it helps that I can’t understand the language he’s speaking, but I’m sure for others its annoying!

Uneventful flight, which is how I like them!  Lots of great movies, excellent food and fantastic service.

Plane I'm taking to Hong Kong.
  Despite the size of the plane and the number of passengers you’re never left waiting for long for an attendant if you need one.

I’m very tired.  Barely slept the night before I left.  Was up late packing and getting my room organized from the move.   Then adrenaline woke me up within an hour of falling asleep and try as I may I just couldn’t get into a peaceful place after I awoke.  Crazy how one minute you’re passing out from exhaustion and then next you’re brain is kicking you into gear like you’re ready to run a marathon.  I mean I didn’t have to be up for hours, do yourself a favour body, STAY ASLEEP!!

I’ve caught about 6 hours of sleep on this flight.  That’s really good for me.

Somewhere over the arctic.
  Usually I barely sleep on planes.  Its been a broken rest but I’ll take it none the less.  I’m trying to keep myself up now so when I arrive I’ll be exhausted.

I’m staying with family in Hong Kong, it was an unexpected twist to the trip that was organized at the last minute.  Ian, who I’m staying with, says he’s going to give me a couple glasses of wine and a sleeping pill, I cannot wait; a little booze, a bed and a guaranteed sleep, I’m all in.  Then in the a.m. it’s my first day in Hong Kong.

I’ve always wanted to see this city.  Its history, politics and architecture are fascinating to me.  It will be a dream come true when I see it, and take in its energy.  Hong Kong here I come!!

Check out Central Park!
Plane Im taking to Hong Kong.
Plane I'm taking to Hong Kong.
Ditto!