I'm Employed!!

Adelaide Travel Blog

I got a job!  Awesome news eh!  At first I thought I would be working at ESCA (that cafe near the marina, which I had trailed at).  Well, the owner had me come in for another trial on Friday, which went really well, which turned into a full shift and I didn’t get finished until one in the morning.  They then called me today (Saturday) to offer me the job, but by then I had also heard from the Stamford hotel and was offered a waitress job there with better pay and better hours (i.e. more of them!).  I took the job at the Stamford, which I’ll start on Thursday.  I can’t wait!   I actually applied at Stamford the Monday after I arrived in Adelaide.  I filed out a formal application and had to wait for it all to go through the HR department.  They interviewed me last week and I was just waiting to hear back from them.  I'm SO excited to be working there.  It seems like a really professional and organized place.  Much better than where I was working on the Gold Coast!  Gah!  No more dodgy pay and crappy hours!  Wheeee!!!!

Adelaide