Christmas in Aus!!

Brisbane Travel Blog

Tim and Ange!

We have Christmas Eve at Tim and Floss’s.  They’ve made an amazing feast of roast dinner and all the sides.  We open Christmas crackers, drink plenty of wine and do a small gift exchange. I got a beautiful Aussie made lotion from Timmy.  Lovely!   Can I just say that I love Tim and Floss’s relationship.  They are so relaxed, supportive to each other, fun, and outgoing.  They met in Canada, in Banff while on a work holiday.  They moved in together after two weeks of being together, they’ve been inseparable ever since.  They just spent the past year travelling together around the world and now they’re engaged, and are building a house together.  They’ve lived a big life together, allowing each other to be individuals but never forgetting their part of a team.  I definitely would like a relationship like that.

Holy its Christmas Day!  Ang and I get up and get ready to go, we’re off to her friend's house (Bea and Tony’s) for a pool party!  Hello, it’s Christmas and I’m in a pool!  We have lots of food prepared, coolers full of booze and the sun beaming down.

Floss and I
  We have a gift exchange.  Man Ang's friends are amazing.  We have a Christmas tree and Tony puts a Santa hat on, hands out gifts one at a time announcing the person's name and handing them their gift.  We all cheer.  Example: "This gift is for Kerrie!" Tony would say.  And everyone says "Yah Kerrie".  And they all clap.  Too much!  There is so much joy and happiness in this room, in this group of friends.  I get a lovely journal from Ang's friend Fleur.  Heaven knows I love to write so a journal is a perfect gift for me!

After the gift exchange we head back to the pool, later the music is blaring and everyone dances!  We dance all night.  Various people play D.J.  By the way, Ang's friends are amazing D.Js.  They have their own decks and churn tunes like the pros they are.  Many of the plan play gigs around the city, so needless to say we had a great dance party!

We nearly stay over, but I’m glad we don’t, I want to sleep at Ang’s tonight.

I love a hot Christmas!
  We get a taxi home and Ange is hilarious and hammered, babbling the whole way home!

Tomorrow its off to Byron Bay!  One of my favourite places from my last trip to Aus!

Xmas pool party!