Dhaka

Dhaka Travel Blog

We arrived in Dhaka this afternoon.  It is in a way what I expected and in a way not.  There are lots of people - but unlike India the streets are clean. (I guess that they have had the rainy season to clean them up).  It is unusually cool here  - I'd say it was in the low 20's.

Kathy and Michael have a lovely apartment - it is huge. Ann and I each have our own room.

The next two days are planned with tours and the two days after that Kathy has to work so Ann and I will be mozing around the area where they live as it apparently has excent shopping.

Last night I tried to post a note about our day in Kathmandu - it seems that it didn't post.

In a nutshell - our day was great.  We went to Patan and a Buddist Stupa that was huge and had prayer wheels all around it.

Yesterday evening we met up with my friend Arturo who I knew when I lived in Mexico City.  We had not seen each other for 12 years.

We had a lovely evening with him and his friends  - a couple of them were doctors (a gynecolgist and and Internal Medicine doctor - who were married to each other)  All his the friends at the table were Nepalese - and were so nice and interesting to talk to.

The law is that restaurants and bars have to close at 11pm in Nepal.  As one of the people at the table was the manager of that particular restaurant - we ended up staying an extra 15 minutes after cerfew. ...........well when we arrived back at the hotel at 11:30.....the looks that we got from the hotel staff.....we felt like two school girls who had been caught doing something bad!

Hopefully I will be able to write more frequently in the next few days as we have good internet access at Kathy and Michaels.

I will close for today.