AsiaIndiaCochin

Cochin.......Ann's Birthday

Cochin Travel Blog

Our driver Sajeev and Jenny our tour operator and I have been planning for 4 days now about how to celebrate Ann's birthday.

We were supposed to be in Alleppey on the houseboat tonight but I made the executive decision last night that we would change and come to Cochin.  Jenny had asked if we could make the change as it would be easier for her to get the "party things" here in Cochin rather than getting them to the boat and it would just be Ann and I to celebrate.

We had a good afternoon touring Fort Cochin.  If you can believe it - we are sort of "shopped out" as all the stores we saw seemed to have the same old stuff and we weren't interested.

I felt bad for Ann because all day we had not said much about her birthday - I of course had wished her "Happy Birthday" in the morning but we had not made any celebration plans.

Sajeev at told a "white lie" to her in the morning and said that we could not go to the house boats today because they were being "inspected".  Ann was cool about the change of plans and off we went to Cochin.

We stayed at "Le Royale" which is a home stay house - it is the house of Jose's brother (Jenny's husband).  It is a huge mansion - we had the main floor bedroom with ensuite bathroom.  It looked like a "honeymoon suite".  It was huge!  That night we were told that dinner would be at  7:30.  We went out into the main living area and met Wally the only other guest at the time.

Jenny and Jose put on a spectacular party for Ann who by that time was very hungry and tired and hot.........she was very surprised.  We had wine and cut a birthday cake before supper.  She was given flowers and then we were taken to a table outside on the patio where they served us our dinner.

After dinner they lit up some fireworks - it was a very nice evening.

Cochin