First day in Transylvania

Targu Mures Travel Blog

Targu Mures airport

40 mins later we landed at a very small airport, but I guess the Hungarian domestic airports aren’t bigger than that one either. First we had to fill in a form that we don’t have H1N1, and then it was followed by the passport control.

We were told that we should get to the city center by taxi.

When we got outside there weren’t any taxis and first didn’t know what to do. Then a taxi came and we followed it, but it was ordered by a woman. I asked the taxi driver to order a taxi for us. We waited 10 mins and our cab arrived. The driver was a nice woman who spoke Hungarian and she told us what we should definitely visit during our stay.  She drove us to our guest house, called Peter Bod Deacon Center (Bod Péter Diakóniai Központ). Our room was very nice. Actually we got two rooms with seven beds and there was a bathroom, a toilet and a balcony. And it cost only 19euros/person for two nights. Breakfast was included, too!

It was really cold outside so it was hard for us to leave the warm room. The guest house was located on a hill but only about 10 minutes far from the town center. As we were walking down the first thing what got to our way, was the castle. So we checked it out. The taxi driver told us that there was a wine festival there the week before. We could see the clues of it coz a lotta things (amusement park swings, a huge stage and grandstands) were left there.

Then we went to the center and Laci got very hungry so we were looking for a place to eat. We found a small fast food restaurant, called Panda where we got hot dogs for 1 lei! (1RON=0,43euros)

That place became our haunt! We were eating hotdogs for 3 days!

Then we were looking for a pub. We ended up in a café where we tried out the Romanian wine.

We got back to our room at about midnight. Laci fell asleep and he didn’t wake up when we were laughing laud or when we were trying to pin a bow (made from a candy bar wrap) on him.

We went to bed at about 2am and we decided that we should get up about at 8 am, so we’ll have time to explore the town.

Offspring_girl says:
Yeah, we had a great time there! We LOVED the town! I gotta go back to Transylvania one day, coz i wanna see more places!
I'm always lazy when it comes to blog-writing,too. It takes soo much time! But now i have fall break:)
Posted on: Oct 29, 2009
Marius1981 says:
Hope you had fun! Give my best to Judi!
Hope i'll see you soon.
I'm just a lazy arse over here and havent finish up my blogs...
Posted on: Oct 28, 2009