Day two

Targu Mures Travel Blog

breakfast

We were a bit sleepy when the alarm of our cell phones woke us up but got ready and we went down to the canteen to have breakfast.

During breakfast we decided that we should visit the zoo first. It was very easy to make this decision coz we are all biologist students (okay, Judit quit and chose to study tourism instead, but still the biologist is somewhere inside her).

We were told that the zoo’s somewhere on the hill close to the guesthouse. So we climbed up and we found it quite easily. We could buy student tickets for 2 leis (adult tickets cost 5 lies). The zoo is quite big with lotta cute animals:)

We spent there more than 2 hours at least. Our only problem was that it was really cold.

I was wearing two t-shirt, two hoodies and a winter coat, but I was still cold!

We walked down to the city center and went to the Culture Palace. It was built in the early 1910’s and it functions as a concert hall, an art gallery, museum and library. It’s most famous room is called mirror room. When we got there it was almost closing time and they were preparing for some conference but they let us in. But we had to hurry. You gotta pay about 4 leis to get in and if you wanna take photos you have to buy a photo ticket for 3,5 leis,too.

After this cultural experience we went to the tourist information office to get a map. We wanted to go to a pub called Beer-pharmacy, coz we were told that’s the place where university students usually hang out.  The only thing we knew that it’s close to the Weekend Camp, what is not really located in the center. And we kinda got lost (yeah, with the map). But that’s okay, coz as we were wandering we saw one of the most beautiful sunset in my life.

We finally found the Weekend Camp, which I’m sure is a great place in the summer, with football courts, lakes and waterslides and lots of places to party, but now all the party places were deserted. We were looking for the pub everywhere but wasn’t able to find it. Yeah, we suck when it comes to finding places. So we decided to go back to the center and find a good place there.

We found a nice café/pub, I don’t remember it’s name anymore, where I had my first Romanian beer, the Ursus. I liked it very much. And the place was really nice, too. But it wasn’t what we were looking for so 1,5 hours later we left and searched for another pub.

I asked a couple on the streets if they can suggest us a good place. They said we should go to the place, called Transit. It took us a little while we found it, but it was awesome! A Rock bar!!! With cheap beer! We stayed there till 2 am. Then walked home; on the way back we stopped at Panda and had our hot dogs of course!

Offspring_girl says:
oh yeah,right!thnx:)
Posted on: Nov 02, 2009
serpentina says:
the café was called Shiraz:)
Posted on: Nov 02, 2009
have-a-nice-day toas for breakfast
have-a-nice-day toas for breakfast
the conference hall in the guestho…
the conference hall in the guesth…
view from the guesthouse
Weekend Camp
Weekend Camp
at the Weekend campsite
at the Weekend campsite
Judits favorite wine and coke
Judit's favorite wine and coke
Targu Mures