Crater Lake pit stop

Crater Lake Travel Blog

alan, christina, me
On the drive from SF to Seattle, we stopped at Crater Lake (Wikipedia entry) for an hour.  Such a surreal site - there was still snow on the ground (check out the pics of us in shorts in snow), and the lake looked amazing.

We ended up spending almost an hour taking goofy pictures of Christina "falling" off the ledge and into the lake.

I also "invented" a new method for taking video clips with friends - I often find that when I take videos, it's usually of just scenes, not everyone in the group - so, I asked alan an christina to get into a circle and pass around the video camera so we would get a 360-degree panoramic view of everyone and everything - I call it "ghost riding the video" (after the move where people get out of the car on the road and circle it: "ghost ride the whip")

Check out the funny video clip of Christina where she's raising her arms - it's an omage to the Ali G episode where Bruno the fashion guy asks a fashion designer to say something to the deaf people watching the show, and he raises his arms and just stands there awkwardly for more than a minute.
crater lake
crater lake
crater lake from another angle
crater lake from another angle
alan saving christina (scene 1)
alan saving christina (scene 1)
alan saving christina (scene 2)
alan saving christina (scene 2)
alan losing christina (scene 3)
alan losing christina (scene 3)
alan losing christina (scene 4)
alan losing christina (scene 4)
snow in may
snow in may
christina posing for a picture, b…
ghost-ride the video - passing vi…
crater lake in oregon