No where to stay

New York Travel Blog

We arrived at JFK about 12.30am. We had not booked a hotel for that night, because we didn't know if we should just stay at the airport since we were arriving so late, but when we got there we were so tired so we decided we needed to find a place to stay. I didn't know where the information was so I asked one of the security guards and he told me that right inside there was a few telephones and numbers to hotels,taxis and things like that. He recommended JFK Inn since we were only going to stay for one night. I called, they had a room available for 3 for $120 and they were going to send a shuttle to pick us up. While waiting we heard from some people that the hotel was only 1* and really bad, so we were getting a little worried, but when we got there it was not bad at all.

Nice, clean and good size on the room and beds so we were fine, we even got a later check-out time when we asked because we arrived so late. We were all tired so we fell asleep almost immediately.

We had breakfast at the hotel which wasn't much (coffe, bagel, butter and jam), but filled us up. The people in the reception helped us get a taxi because we were going all the way to NJ and it would take way to longto go by public transportation and my sister was only going to stay until Jan 2. It set us back  $120, but it was worth it. We had already booked the next hotel online a while ago and since there were no hotel rooms in Manhattan we ended up at the Sheraton Lincoln Harbour Hotel. It was amazing!

We got changed and decided to go out and explore. The people who worked at the hotel were so nice and helped us with everything we needed to know. We got a ferry over to manahattan and decided to go to rockefeller center. It was so crowded in times square and all the way to Rockefeller, but we got our ticketstogoto the top and we "only" had to wait 1 1/2 hours. We walked around and just took some pictures and got to see the light show at saks fifth avenue.

Going to the top of Rockefeller center in the dark was awesome and they have a room there with a light show so we were there for a while taking some fun pictures.