A quick visit

Wellington Travel Blog

The holiday in the south island has come to an end. I decided that my sister and her husband should she a little bit of a mixture of NZ so we flew to Wellington this morning. We will have the afternoon and of course the night to do some sightseeing.

We returned the car the the airport and waited for our flight. It was delayed by nearly an hour but once up in the air, a bit of time was made up although of course we still arrived later than planned. It was still too early to check in though.

We picked up another rental car and went to the lookout. Lots of steps. A good idea after sitting for so long. Haha We drove around a bit more and then went to the Rose Garden and the Begonia Tea house.

Still as lovely as Andrew and I remembered. We spent a bit of time there before finding our way to our appartment at the City Life hotel. We knew where it was but had to work out how to get to the reception area and carpark. We found our way in. To explain the problem a little, we had to enter from what I would consider the back of the hotel. If you drive up to the doors of the reception area to get your luggage out, you are entering the hotel on the 6th Floor. We did that, Andrew parked the car and we went in the lift down to our room on the 3rd floor.

When May, Andrew and I went out for a walk, we had to go down to the ground floor in the lift which brought us out in to the front of the hotel. Confusing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   We wandered around for a while then we left Andrew and did some more wandering before meeting up with him again.

We were all tired so we bought some food and went back to the appartment, had dinner when we felt like it and just relaxed.

shirlan says:
Yes. If we were to move to NZ, we would choose Christchurch or Wellington. Love the vibe. :-)
Posted on: Mar 18, 2010
goezi says:
I love Wellington. Always wanted to live there.
Posted on: Mar 17, 2010
Wellington Hotels & Accommodations review
In the heart of things
This hotel is right on Lambton Quay. The most interesting fact is that as you would expect, you can enter the building from the road but then have to … read entire review
Wellington