A day of touring around

Dunedin Travel Blog

This morning the fog/cloud had lifted and the sun was starting to shine. We went to breakfast in the stables before heading back to our rooms to pack for another day of adventure! We checked out of our room but stayed in the Castle grounds a bit longer to enjoy the scenery.

We finally left and headed for the area where the Albatross breed. Again it was on a windy coastal road but the scenery is beautiful. Unfortunately we didn't see any Albatross although they were apparently nesting in the rocks a bit further off the beaten track. We drove around a bit before checking into our motel rooms.

Then it was time for the mundane things like washing the clothes!!!!!!!!!!! We did that before heading out.

The weather was a bit miserable again but May and I went for a walk. We found a shop for me to buy a couple of jumpers, then went looking for a sim card for Mays phone but had to give up as her phone is locked.

May and I then found a supermarket to buy some basic supplies for the next couple of days. Of course as usual by the time we got things like orange juice and milk etc etc, we knew that we would not comfortably carry everything even though it wasn't far, so we called a taxi. We got back to our rooms just in time to get the washing off the line as it was starting to rain. We stayed in our rooms for the night.

Dunedin Hotels & Accommodations review
Handy to the centre of Dunedin
Unfortunately I didn't take enough photos of the inside of our accommodation. We had stayed here once before but this time we needed accommodation to … read entire review
Dunedin