Thermal stuff to see

Rotorua Travel Blog

Off to Rotorua. We wanted to take May and Frank to see the mud pools.

Another long drive. Pretty boring really. By the time we reached the town of Cambridge it was time for lunch even if it was a bit early. Then we continued to Rotorua. I had downloaded the 'free sights' in Rotorua but when we went to the park where there was some bubbling mud pools, they weren't very exciting compared to the big ones we knew about. Of course they are the ones that you have to pay to see!

Well, we had come this far and although Andrew and I had seen them, May and Frank hadn't. So we paid our entry. You can walk around on your own or follow a guide. We started off with the guide but ventured off on our own. We saw the big pools of mud and went into the Kiwi house. The gyser was threatening to blow but didn't so we walked off. I kept looking back as we were walking and just happened to see the gyser blow. It is pretty awesone. Although there are other things to do of course, we had to head back to Auckland as it was a long drive back. We got back to the appartment and decided to go for a walk to see what was open for dinner but ended up going to a convenience store to buy hot dogs.

Then time to pack. A bit of juggling to do there! I am sure our luggage is breeding!!!!!!!!!!

Rotorua Sights & Attractions review
We headed for Rotorua for the day, fully intending only to check out the 'free stuff'. However, when we went to the geothermal area around town, it wa… read entire review
30,525 km (18,967 miles) traveled