More driving!

Akaroa Travel Blog

Our last day on the south island so we decided to drive to Akaroa. We took the coast road out through Lyttleton and Governors Bay. The most scenic route. About a 1 and half to 2 hour drive. We were ready for a cuppa when we arrived so after a little drive around, we found a carpark and a cafe.

After that, it was time to wander the streets (shops). May and I left the men eating icecream and found some great shops. Bought some great stuff too. Andrew obviously decided we had spent enough so he went and got the car and parked outside one of the shops with the motor running. I think that was a hint. Haha.

We drove a bit further around the harbour and did a bit more walking there but it was lunch time so found a nice place to have lunch. Only problem was that they were so slow. We were there for ages!!!!!!!!! We had to head back to Christchurch as we were going to a Maori Cultural Experience.

We got back to our appartment and had time to freshen up before heading out to Willowbank. Andrew and I had been here the first time in New Zealand and there had only been about 12 of us on the experience. Andrew had been chosen as chief so we had to be at the front. This time there was at least 40 in the group and I thought it would be a pain if we were at the back of the group as it could be hard to see or hear what was going on.

As luck would have it, the lady conducting the experience introduced herself, started talking about needing a chief and then asked the general question "has anyone brought our chief with them tonight"  so I quickly put my hand up and said yes, here he is, here is Frank.

The lady said that is great so we got to walk at the front of the group. It was a fun night. Frank enjoyed being chief. :-)

photo by: Besandri